Frequently Asked Questions
We hope that these FAQs answer any questions you may have, but please do contact us should you have a new one!
THE FLINT BARN
- 11.9m x 6.25m
- No. of beams: 3
- No. of pillars: 4
- Height of beams: 7’9
THE GRANARY BARN
- 28.9m x 8.35m
- No. of beams in GB: 9 Beams
- Height of beams: 9m
- Dance floor: 16ft x 16ft
Set up of your event/wedding
Access to the Granary Barns is from 9:00am on the day of your event/wedding for set up (unless stated by the Events Team).
Confirmation of a time & date will be issued at your final appointment for drop off & delivery of decorations & belongings.
Decorating the beams
We highly advise using a recommended venue stylist to decorate the beams. They have the time, staffing, safety equipment and most importantly height insurances to carry out any work you require on the beams.
The Architect Easel is perfect to display table plans, large images and guest books. It is 32” in height by 47” in width and has a small ledge to offer additional support.
Our standard round guest tables are 5ft 6" in diameter and seat a maximum of 10 guests comfortably. There are also three additional guest round tables which are 6ft in diameter and can seat a maximum of 12 guests comfortably.
CEREMONY IN THE FLINT BARN
Maximum capacity is 88 guests total (including the bride & groom).
CEREMONY IN THE GRANARY BARN
Capacity is 175 guests total (including the bride & groom).
RECEPTION AT IN THE GRANARY BARN
Maximum capacity in The Granary Barn is 180 guests seated. Two of the guest tables will be set up on the dance floor which will need to be removed before the evening reception.
GRANARY BARNS EVENING RECEPTION
Maximum number is 240 in total.
FLINT BARN CEREMONY SET UP
6 chairs per row on the left hand side and 4 chairs per row on the right hand side.
GRANARY BARN CEREMONY SET UP
6 chairs per row on both sides.
The Granary Estates have a Sonos music system. For ceremony music, playlists must be sent or given on a device to a member of the Events Team prior to your ceremony. For instructions on how to send a playlist, please contact the Events Team.
The Events Team advise you compose the following playlists for your ceremony:
- 1st Playlist – Guest arrival (25 minutes of songs)
- 2nd Playlist – Bridal entrance (1 song)
- 3rd Playlist – Signing (3 – 4 songs)
- 4th Playlist – Exit song (1 song)
- 5th Playlist – Wedding breakfast (2.5 hours’ worth of tracks)
It is policy to select a caterer from the ‘Granary Estates Suppliers List’ to serve food and drinks throughout your day.
We allow for you to source in your own beverages for your drinks reception and wedding breakfast only. Once your wedding breakfast is complete, all beverages are to be purchased through our bar. You will be charged corkage only on the bottles that have been opened during this time. For corkage fees, please contact the Events Team.
- The Granary Cottage check-in is between 14:00 until 17:00
- The Granary Cottage check-out is at 11:00am
- A list of terms & conditions are sent upon booking
Cambridge Wedding Services – DJ Package
The Granary Estates work closely with Cambridge Wedding Services and can offer you a great DJ/Disco package for the reduced package price of £450.00 (only when booking through the Events Team). Cambridge Wedding Services are a professional & reliable team, with a friendly service. Your own DJ for the whole evening, mixing your favourite tracks. You will receive your own login to request songs to be played in advance. We ask for a £100.00 deposit to confirm the booking.
Access / Timings
- Access on the event/wedding day is from 9.00am (unless stated otherwise)
- External Suppliers (e.g. florists, cake deliveries) have access from 9.00am on the morning of your event/wedding day
- The bar closes at 23:30 (unless applied for a bar extension)
- Music to cease at midnight (unless applied for a bar extension)
- Guest to have departed by 00.30am (unless applied for a bar extension)
- We can apply for a Bar Extension for a fee of £250.00. The bar will close at midnight & music will cease at 00:30am.
- Collection of belongings the following day is between 9.00am–midday (unless agreed by the events team).
- Confetti is not allowed externally in The Granary Barns or surrounding areas.
- Fireworks & Chinese lanterns are prohibited.
- Cars can be left on site overnight, at the owners own risk, and are to be collected by midday the following day.